Essential Skills Checklist
Chapter 2: Electronic Flight Instruments
Primary Flight Display
- Correctly interpret flight and navigation instrument
information displayed on the PFD.
- Determine what “fail down” modes are installed and
available. Recognize and compensate appropriately
for failures of the PFD and supporting instrument
- Accurately determine system options installed and
actions necessary for functions, data entry and
- Know how to select essential presentation modes,
flight modes, communication and navigation modes,
and methods of mode selection and cancellation.
- Be able to determine extent of failures and reliable
information remaining available, including procedures
for restoring function(s) or moving displays to the
MFD or other display.