HEALTH & IMMUNIZATION: Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificates required for travelers arriving from infected areas. U.S. Public Health Service advises that malaria risk exists in the Departments of Ouargla Wilaya and
Qued El-Anes from May through November.
OTHER: All arrivals must complete a currency declaration form.
ALGERIA'S EMBASSY IN THE UNITED STATES
ADDRESS: Embassy of the Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria, 2118 Kalorama Road, NW,
Washington, DC 20008
TELEPHONE: (202) 265-2800
UNITED STATES' EMBASSY IN ALGERIA
ADDRESS: P.O. Box B.P. 549 (Alger-Gare), 4 Chemin Cheich Bachir Brahimi, Algiers, Algeria 16000
TELEX: 66047 AMCO DZ
PUBLIC HOURS: Saturday to Wednesday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
AIRCRAFT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. Private and nonscheduled commercial flights (including air travel clubs) overflying or landing for noncommercial purposes can seek permission directly from Direction General De L'Aviation Civile. A copy of the request should also be sent to the U.S. Embassy in Alger. Advance notice (including a flight plan) must be on file with the Direction Generale de L'Aviation Civile, Ministry of Transport, 119, Rue Didouche Mourad, Alger, Algeria 16000 (TELEGRAPHIC ADDRESS: DAALYAYA/TELEX: 66129/66063/66137) at least 48 hours prior to departure to provide advance notification, not including weekends and holidays. (Algeria observes the Moslem weekend, Thursday and Friday. Notification for Saturday morning flight must be sent by Wednesday morning.)
2. Nonscheduled commercial flights landing for commercial purposes must obtain prior permission from the Direction de L'Aviation Civile at least 15 working days prior to departure, and must include 3 copies of the following information:
a. Name of the operating company;
b. Owner of the aircraft (if the owner is not the operator);
c. Type of aircraft and registration marks and type of equipment;
d. Dates, itinerary and complete schedule of the flight including original departure point, list of all stops and times of arrivals at and departures from Algerian airports;
e. Purpose of the flight;
f. Number of passengers and type and amount of cargo;
g. Place of loading and offloading of passengers and cargo in Algeria;
h. Name and address of the charterer;
i. Cost per passenger and means by which the flight was made known (for inclusive tour charters);
j. Number and names of air crew;
k. Number of passengers (including listing of VIP'S);
l. Total numbers of persons on board;
m. All other necessary information: ``speed-altitude''; and
n. Signature and status of signatory.
3. Overflights approved, with or without stops in Algeria, are valid for seventy-two (72) hours from the approved estimated time of transit.
4. Private and nonscheduled commercial flights may only land and take off from Algerian airports that have customs facilities as specified under aerodromes of entry.
CORPORATE AIRCRAFT CONSTRAINTS
No internal constraints reported. Flights to/from Israel are prohibited.
1. Confirmation that permission requests for nonscheduled commercial flights have been received by the Civil Aviation Administration is necessary but confirmation does not constitute approval for the flight. Specific permission in the form of an authorization number from the Direction General De L'Aviation Civile is required for private and nonscheduled commercial overflights.
2. Overflights are prohibited in a zone extending 75 nautical miles from 27/42N to 08/07W (Tindouf) or up to Algeria's border with Morocco, the Western Sahara, and Maritania to the north, west, and south respectively.
AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION SOURCE
INTERNATIONAL NOTAM OFFICE
AERODROMES OF ENTRY
DOD En route Supplement/Chart: Europe, N. Africa and Mideast L13,14,H9
|Annaba/El Mellah||DABB||NONE||No Telex|
|Constantine/Ain El Bey||DABC||NONE||No Telex|
|Fuel available between 0800-1700 GMT and on request with prior notice on previous day before 1500 GMT.|
|Hassi Messaoud/Oued Irara||DAUH||NONE||No Telex|
|In Salah||DAUI||NONE||No Telex|
|Alternate airport only.|
|Oran/Es Senia||DAOO||NONE||No Telex|
|Zarzaitine/In Amenas||DAUZ||NONE||No Telex|