PERSONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
VISA: Not required
HEALTH & IMMUNIZATION: Cholera, yellow fever and plague certificates required of travelers arriving from infected areas. A malaria risk exists in all areas below 400 meters, except Belize City.
OTHER: Proof of sufficient funds to cover stay in country are required.
BELIZE'S EMBASSY IN THE UNITED STATES
ADDRESS: Embassy of Belize, 2535 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008
TELEPHONE: (202) 332-9636
FAX: (202) 332-6888
UNITED STATES' EMBASSY IN BELIZE
ADDRESS: Gabourel Lane and Hutson St., Belize City, Belize
TELEPHONE: (501) 2-77161
FAX: (501) 2-30802
PUBLIC HOURS: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
AIRCRAFT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. All flights must enter and exit at the Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport. Private and nonscheduled aircraft overflying or landing for noncommercial purposes need not obtain prior permission, however, an international flight plan must be filed prior to departure.
2. Nonscheduled commercial aircraft landing for commercial purposes must, additionally, obtain prior permission from the Director of Civil Aviation, Civil Aviation Department, P.O. Box 367, Belize City, Belize, Central America (TELEGRAPHIC ADDRESS: CIVILAIR BELIZE/TELE: (501) 25-2014/2052/2153; FAX (501) 25-2533; AFTN MZBZYAYX) at least 48 hours prior to departure. All requests must include:
a. Name of aircraft operator;
b. Type of aircraft and registration marks;
c. Dates and times of arrival and departure;
d. Place or places of embarkation or disembarkation abroad of passengers and cargo;
e. Number of passengers and type and amount of cargo;
f. Purpose of flight;
g. Type of servicing and amount of fuel required;
h. Name of airport handling and dispatch agent; and
i. Name of consignee or consignor in Belize.
3. Commercial flights must produce a copy of the permit issued by the Director of Civil Aviation.
CORPORATE AIRCRAFT CONSTRAINTS
1. The CENAMER Area Control Center (ACC) and Flight Information Centre (FIC), operated by COCESNA, keeps the Belize Air Traffic Control (ATC) unit well informed on the movements of aircraft in the area and vice versa. Pilots must contact the ATC unit Belize on Belize Tower 118.0 MHz or Belize Approach on 121.0 MHz whenever operating in Belizean airspace either when overflying the territory of Belize or with intentions to land the Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport, Belize's only port of entry via air.
2. Navigation fees are charged to all aircraft operating within Belizean Airspace or the Central American Flight Information Region and should be paid to the office of COCESNA Belize.
3. The Belize DVOR/DME is in operation 24 hours.The identification is BZE (Bravo Zulu Echo) and operates on frequency 114.3 MHz. The Belize NDB also operates on 24 hour basis with identification BZE on frequency 392 KHz.
4. Upon landing in Belize, pilots must produce the following documents:
a. Aircraft's certificate of airworthiness;
b. Aircraft's certificate of Registration;
c. Pilot's license;
d. Pilot's valid medical certificate;
e. Aircraft's log books;
f. Valid insurance covering damages to third parties; and
g. Customs and Immigration clearances. Agricultural inspection is required on plants, animals and food.
5. The Philip Goldson International Airport's operating hours are from 1200 to 2400 UTC. Services included are Air Traffic Control, Aeronautical Information Services, Customs, Immigration, Agriculture and the Aerodrome Authority and fuel. Operations outside of these published hours are subject to overtime payments to each facilitation section.
6. Requests for after hour operations (0001 to 1159 UTC) should be made to the Director or Deputy Director of Civil Aviation during normal working hours and before 2200 UTC via the following telephones: (501) 25-2014; (501) 25-2052 or (501) 25-2153 or FAX (501) 25-2533. The Aeronautical Fixed Service may also be used: MZBZYAYX. For EMERGENCIES ONLY, (Medical Evacuations MEDEVACS), after normal working hours, direct contact may be made to the Director of Civil Aviation on Phone: (501) 25-2103 or his Deputy on Phone: (501) 25-2920.
7. POSTAL ADDRESSES CIVIL AVIATION DEPARTMENT BELIZE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY Director of Civil Aviation Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 367 P.O. Box 1564
Belize City Belize City
PH: (501) 25-2045
FAX: (501 25-2439
AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION SOURCE
Civil Aviation Department, Belize
INTERNATIONAL NOTAM OFFICE
AERODROMES OF ENTRY
DOD En route Supplement/Chart: CARIBBEAN and S. AMERICA L2, H1
Philip S. W. Goldson
164 CIVILAIR BZ
Customs: PT. WGT-CAT: B-767.