PERSONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
PASSPORT: Required. (Israeli entry or exit stamps in passport will prohibit entry.)
VISA: Required. Bearers of regular passports with tourist visas must register with the police and obtain exit permits if they remain in Iraq longer than 30 days. Holders of ordinary visas (visas other than those marked ``tourist'') must register and obtain exit permits if their stay exceeds 15 days.
HEALTH & IMMUNIZATION: Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificates are required for travelers arriving from infected areas. The U.S. Public Health Service reports that a malaria risk exists north of 35 degrees North Latitude from May through November in areas below 1500 meters.
IRAQ'S EMBASSY IN THE UNITED STATES
ADDRESS: Embassy of the Republic of Iraq, 1801 P Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036
TELEPHONE: (202) 483-7500
UNITED STATES' EMBASSY IN IRAQ
ADDRESS: P.O. Box 2447, Alwiyah, Opposite Foreign Ministry Club, Masbah Quarter, Baghdad, Iraq
TELEPHONE: 718-1840, 719-3791, 719-6138/9
TELEX: 212287 USINT IK, 213966 USFCS IK
PUBLIC HOURS: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
AIRCRAFT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. All private and nonscheduled commercial aircraft overflying or landing for commercial or noncommercial purposes must obtain prior permission from the State Establishment for Iraqi Civil Aviation, Saddam International Airport, P.O. Box 6179, Baghdad, Republic of Iraq (TELEGRAPHIC ADDRESS: CIVILAIR/BAGHDAD/
TELEX: 212500 IK).
2. Private aircraft overflying or landing must submit an application for permission at least 24 hours prior to departure or far enough in advance to ensure that the request can be acted upon and a reply received prior to departure. All requests must include:
a. Aircraft type and registration marks;
b. Name and address of aircraft operator;
c. Purpose of flight;
d. Route of flight; and
e. Date and times of entry and exit from the airspace of Iraq, if overflying, and if landing, include dates, times and airports of landing and departure.
3. Nonscheduled commercial aircraft overflying or landing for noncommercial purposes must submit an application for permission at least 48 hours prior to departure. All requests must include:
a. Name and address of aircraft operator;
b. Aircraft type and registration marks;
c. Date of overflight or date and estimated time of arrival at, and departure from, Iraqi airspace, and if landing, estimated time of arrival at, and departure from, Iraqi aerodromes;
d. Route of flight;
e. Purpose of flight;
f. Type and amount of cargo; and
g. Name and address of designated agent in Iraq through which landing and air navigation facility charges will be paid.
4. Nonscheduled commercial aircraft landing for commercial purposes must submit an application for permission at least 7 days prior to departure (15 days if submitted through diplomatic channels). All request must include:
a. Name and address of the aircraft operator and the carrier;
b. Aircraft type and registration marks;
c. Name and address of the consignor and consignee;
d. Type and amount of cargo, with specific indication of any material subject to special restrictions or authorization;
e. Name and address of designated agent in Iraq through which landing and air navigation facility charges will be paid;
f. Place of embarkation or disembarkation abroad of passengers and cargo; and
g. Date and estimated time of entry into Iraqi airspace and time of arrival at, and departure from,
CORPORATE AIRCRAFT CONSTRAINTS
Flights to and from Israel prohibited. Aircraft in Iraq Airspace restricted to the center of specific corridors.
1. Although the cease-fire in the war between Iraq and Iran has held since August, 1988, Iraqi Air Defense remain at a high state of preparedness. Pilots must insure that they comply with ATC instructions exactly and that any deviation from these instructions is based on positive, unambiguous clearances.
2. Aircraft en route to or from Israel are not allowed to overfly or land in Iraq.
3. No aircraft shall be permitted to overfly Iraqi territory unless the operator of such aircraft has designated an accredited authorized agent in Iraq who shall be responsible for payment of air navigation service charges or has given his full address in order to collect such charges. Such address should be included within the application for permission.
4. Supersonic aircraft are requested to avoid Iraq National boundaries when flying in the Baghdad FIR, and to report entry/exit to the FIR only to Baghdad ACC on frequency 125.9.
5. Airspace route ROMEO 21 (BASRA/BAGHDAD) is not currently available due to its proximity to the front. Planes should use route ALPHA 60 from RAFHA to BAGHDAD.
AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION SOURCE
INTERNATIONAL NOTAM OFFICE
AERODROMES OF ENTRY
DOD En route Supplement/Chart: EUROPE, N. AFRICA and MIDEAST L15,16,17,18, H13,14
Prior permission required for nonscheduled and private aircraft. Customs: 24. WGT-CAT: LCN-100. Noise abatement procedures in effect.