Civil Aircraft Use of United States Military Airfields

(Foreign and Domestic)

Except at joint airfields, United States Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard airfields are available for use by civil aircraft only with prior permission or in an emergency. Civil aircraft use at US military airfields on foreign soil are subject to agreements with host countries.

An approved civil aircraft landing permit is required for use at all except Coast Guard airfields.

With minor exceptions, authority to use military airfields is granted only to aircraft on official government business. An application for a permit must be submitted to the appropriate military department a minimum of 30 days prior to the first intended landing. A permit application consists of DD Form 2400, Civil Aircraft Certificate of Insurance; DD Form 2401, Civil Aircraft Landing Permit; and DD Form 2402, Hold Harmless Agreement. The forms and instructions can be obtained from the addresses below. 

a. Air Force: HQ USAF/XOO-CA
1480 Air Force Pentagon, Room 4D1010
Washington, DC 20330-1480
Telephone: (703) 697-5967

b. Army: Director, USAASA
Building 1466
9325 Gunston Road, Suite N319
Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060-5582
Telephone: (703) 806-4864

c. Navy/Marine Corps: Commander
Naval Facilities Engineering Command
Code RE1YM
Washington Navy Yard
1322 Patterson Avenue, SE, Suite 1000
Washington DC 20374-5065
Telephone: (202) 685-9199