CLOSING THE CONTAINER
1. Close the bottom flap of the container first, threading
the pull-up cord through the grommet at the upper end of
the bottom flap. Place the canopy protector flaps into
position as shown in figure 5-59.
2. Close the top flap, being sure to push the canopy and
diaper into the corners of the container while closing.
Thread the upper pull-up cord through the upper grommet
on the top flap.
3. Thread the lower pull-up cord through the lower grommet
on the top flap making sure the canopy protector flaps
are in position. [Figure 5-60] Pull the lower pull-up cord
through both grommets until the closing loop appears and
install a temporary pin.
4. Pull the upper pull-up cord through the grommet until
the upper closing loop appears and install a temporary
pin. [Figure 5-61]
5. Compress the pilot chute between the rubber bumpers
and make sure the pilot chute canopy fabric is tucked
into the coils of the spring. Thread the pull-up cords
through the grommets in the grommet strap. Removing
one temporary pin at a time, pull up the closing loops
and secure the pilot chute in place with two temporary
pins. [Figure 5-62] Close the Velcro® on the top and
6. Close the right side flap. Close the left side flap and
install the ripcord pins. [Figure 5-63]
7. Seal the last pin according to the manufacturer’s
instructions or in an approved manner.