STEP 3. SETTING THE BRAKES
1. Set the deployment brakes and stow the excess line in
the Velcro® keepers. [Figure 5-84]
2. The finished toggles should look like figure 5-85.
STEP 4. FOLDING THE CANOPY
1. Fold all the trailing edge to one side, then pull the
stabilizer panel taut. [Figure 5-86]
2. Flake the trailing edge of the canopy starting with the
outboard control lines. Fold each cell in half on top of
the “D” line group [Figure 5-87] until you get to the
3. Repeat with the opposite side.
4. Pull the slider up to the slider stops.
5. Remove remaining clamps from top of canopy. Make
sure all suspension lines are in the center of the canopy
stack. [Figure 5-88]
6. Fold the center of the trailing edge back to expose the
center of the “wind channel.” [Figure 5-89]
7. Create an “S” fold in the stack. [Figure 5-90]
8. Position a packing paddle a third of the way up from
the bottom of the canopy length on top of the stack.
9. Place a gun cleaning rod at half the distance between
the bottom and the packing paddle under the stack.
0. Pull the rod up and move the canopy with paddle
towards container. [Figure 5-92]
11. Pull the top center cell panel down to the bottom of
12. Wrap the center cell around the folded canopy with
the left and right about halfway to the center, then
secure with clamps, starting at the bottom. [Figure
5-93] The width of the folded canopy should be the
width of the D-bag plus 2 inches (5cm).
13. Continue to wrap the center cell around the canopy
stack and secure with additional clamps. [Figure 5-94]