Got an Alcohol- or Drug-related Action?
Examples of Reportable Motor
Vehicle Actions (MVA)
In accordance with 14 CFR 61.15(e), each pilot holding a certificate
issued under Part 61 must provide a written report of each MVA with in of
the effective date of the MVA. to FAA Civil Aviation Security Division
(AAC-700) P. O. Box 25810
Oklahoma City, OK 73125
The written report must include the following information:
1) the person's name, address, date of birth, and airman certificate
2) the type of violation that resulted in the conviction or the administrative action;
3) the date of the conviction or administrative action;
4) the state that holds the record of conviction or administrative action; and
5) a statement of whether the motor vehicle action resulted from the same incident or arose out of the same factual circumstances related to a previously-reported motor vehicle action.
Optional information you may wish to include in the written report to enhance the efficiency of processing:
1) driver license number;
2) social security number if different from airman certificate number;
3) daytime telephone number.
Please consider mailing your notification letter by certified mail/return receipt and maintaining the return receipt in your records as proof of notification.
|ŠAvStop Online Magazine Contact Us Return To News|